Vickers was formed in as a steel foundry in 1828. In 1911 the company name was changed to Vickers Ltd. In 1927, Vickers merged with the engineering company Armstrong Whitworth to become Vickers-Armstrongs, Ltd. Vickers remained independent until 1999 when the defence arm was sold to Alvis plc, which became Alvis Vickers until it was acquired by BAE Systems in 2004 to form BAE Systems Land Systems. All Vickers and Vickers-Armstrong build vehicles will be placed under this manufactorer. Every vehicle build by Alvis and Alvis-Vickers will be placed under Alvis. Everything build by BAE Systems Land Systems will be placed under that name.
FV433 Abbot 105mm SP Gun
This well presented Abbot was seen at the Banbury Steam Rally, Banbury, Oxfordshire, England in June...
A Challenger 2 main battle tank with the 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Wales releases white s...
Centurion AVRE (Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers), RE Museum, Chatham, September 2013