Vickers was formed in as a steel foundry in 1828. In 1911 the company name was changed to Vickers Ltd. In 1927, Vickers merged with the engineering company Armstrong Whitworth to become Vickers-Armstrongs, Ltd. Vickers remained independent until 1999 when the defence arm was sold to Alvis plc, which became Alvis Vickers until it was acquired by BAE Systems in 2004 to form BAE Systems Land Systems. All Vickers and Vickers-Armstrong build vehicles will be placed under this manufactorer. Every vehicle build by Alvis and Alvis-Vickers will be placed under Alvis. Everything build by BAE Systems Land Systems will be placed under that name.
Centurion Mk 5
1945 British Centurion Mk 5 AVRE 165 @ Duxford IWM
Ed.: see picture #2495 also for this military ...
Chieftain Mk6 tank
Picture of a 1962 British Chieftain Mk 6_4c Main Battle Tank on display at Duxford Imperial War Muse...